Celebrating Mother's at Home
We know that Mother's Day this year will be a little different - why not make Afternoon Tea at home? We've put together some tips below to make your Afternoon Tea stand out.
Here are our tips to make Mother's Day Afternoon Tea with a difference!
Mix it up – you don’t have to make the traditional sandwiches and cakes. Why not layout a mix of all your favourite sandwich fillings and make your own. 🥪
Lay the table – Get the kids involved to make some DIY centre pieces and place settings. 🌼
Set the mood – turn off the TV and get some music on, use Spotify to make a playlist of all Mams favourite songs. 🎶Share the love! – There will be lots of people who will be spending the day on their own, use video calling to share the day with loved ones who may be on their own. Don't forget you can buy a voucher to use at any time in the year. Buy your voucher here
You can't have afternoon tea without scones! We've included a simple scone recipe below.
What you'll need
- 225g/8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
- 150ml/¼pt Milk (approx)
- Pinch of Salt
- 25g/1 oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar (optional)
- 25g/1 oz Butter or Margarine
- What To Do
- Sieve flour and salt into a bowl, stir in sugar, if used.
- Rub in butter/margarine.
- Add sufficient milk to make a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured board and gently knead to remove any cracks.
- Roll out lightly to 1" in thickness. Cut into scones with a cutter dipped in flour.
- Place on a floured preheated baking sheet/tray, glaze if liked with beaten egg or milk.
- Bake in a preheated oven 220°C/425°F/Gas 8 on upper shelf position for 10 mins approx.
- Cool on a wire tray.